Civil Engineer CADD Technician
The position will involve preparation of design drawings using Land Development Desktop/AutoCAD Civil 3D software relating to water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, road design and site grading for municipal infrastructure, commercial, industrial, and residential developments. The position may also involve field inspection of Civil Infrastructure, review of contractor’s progress claims, liaison with Municipal inspectors, Contractors, Consultants and preparation of daily inspection reports.
What We Offer:
- A team of committed professionals who truly enjoy working together to achieve common goals;
- A significant workload to keep everyone challenged;
- The support you require to make things happen;
- Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package;
- Opportunity for growth and ownership.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years of experience as a CADD Technician;
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or technical designation with strong civil engineering experience;
- Previous experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with design and creating drawings for land development, site servicing and site grading including volume calculations;
- Highly organized with a strong sense of time management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Loves to learn anything new and takes pride in exceeding expectations;
- Open to constructive feedback and learns from input as well as their mistakes;
- Able to work independently and adapt to a variety of drafting standards;
Your Work with Us:
- Provide CADD support for projects from preliminary design concept to final record drawing preparation;
- Work alongside project engineers to create design drawing packages for land development, municipal infrastructure and site servicing projects;
- Base plan creation using topographical survey data in combination with information received from outside sources;
- Preparation of volume calculations for site manipulation and grading.
Please forward your resume and covering letter to:
Newcastle Engineering Ltd.
Attn: Teri Lokszyn
Suite 4 - 3179 Barons Road
Nanaimo, B.C. V9T 5W5
Tel: (250) 756-9553
Fax: (250) 756-9503
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.